The Fleet Manager will promote and assure a safe operation of all vehicles and develop a safety-first culture in the terminal. The Fleet Manager will ensure that the daily operation of the transportation terminal meets the service and efficiency standards of the Company. This position will develop daily schedules and verify that the Commercial Vehicle Operators (CVO) know and adhere to them in order to achieve and maintain high service levels by working closely with CVO’s, equipment, and freight. Would be responsible for maintaining CVO and customer reports with a focus on customer service and eventually CVO scheduling. The position will establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers. DOT requirements will be executed safely and legally according to Federal, State, and Company regulations.
We are looking for a self-starter who can handle multi-tasking. There is a high interface with CVOs here so we need a FM that has good personal skills and can work well with others. Definite need for good computer skills and time management.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-7pm with an on-call weekend rotation.
· Communicate all aspects of a shipment assignment to Commercial Vehicle Operators and Owner Operators clearly, concisely and with professional respect.
· Supervision of assigned Commercial Vehicle Operators to include counseling, hiring, and terminations.
· Learn and command all facility dispatch/logistics functions handling customers and CVO’s assigned to customers.
· Oversee equipment needs and maintenance for terminal (tractors, trailers, building, etc.)
· Operate legally according to local, state and federal laws and regulations at all times.
· Maintains driver log, records and qualifications for commercial driving in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
· Performance Reviews for Commercial Vehicle Operators.
· Responsible for accident reporting (vehicle and work comp)
· Maintain customers’ service levels.
· Assist other terminals with day to day functions as needed.
· Logistical planning for profitable and effective deliveries for customers.
· Monitor inbound/outbound reports.
· Overseeing DOT regulations in a safe and legal aspect (Hours of Service/Hazmat/Federal regulations).
· Possess industry knowledge of Transportation, Logistics, Planning, and Analytical Process improvements.
· Ability to recognize, isolate and solve problems that improve company’s overall performance.
· Perform additional related duties and assignments as directed by management.
· Associate degree or 2 years of relevant industry experience.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Interpersonal and communication skills.
· Knowledge of all Federal HOS, Safety, and Regulatory issues in transportation.
· Command strong analytical talents
· Microsoft Office functions with emphasis on Excel knowledge.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Management skills.
· Work closely with other departments (Sales, Safety, and Human Resources)
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office with occasional travel by automobile. Duties to include administrative functions using the phone, computer and communicating with people. This job will require lifting of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6 hours per day, and must be able to stand and climb stairs as required. There will be bending of the waist, wrist and shoulders. Position will be exposed to heavy duty tractor/trailer diesel fumes, dust and noise.
Fill out the form below and our Human Resources team will be in touch soon!