The Terminal Administrator is a position responsible for a variety of duties to support terminal operations, productivity and profitability. This position’s duties will include billing, collections, dispatching, giving clear instructions to Commercial Vehicle Operators of prepared dispatch schedules and operating within the safety-first culture of the company. This position will assist the Terminal Manager with all administrative functions, customer service calls and reports.
- Billing and data entry of all loads for invoicing and payroll for Commercial Vehicle Operators and Owner Operators
- Proof of deliveries for customers and billing inquiries
- Dispatch transportation loads clearly, concisely and efficiently to Commercial Vehicle Operators with professional respect as required
- Maintain customer service levels at all times
- Collection calls to customers of past due invoices
- Check in and scanning of all paperwork each day from CVO’s. Responsible to check for accuracy
- Update loads in dispatch system to be accurate and up to date as required
- Maintain the assignment of loads for efficient dispatching as required
- Notify CVO’s of their assignments for the next day as required
- Maintain driver logs, records and qualifications for commercial driving at all times according to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as required
- Employee may perform other related projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interface with individuals at all levels, including top management is essential.
- High degree of proficiency in using a computer is required especially MS Excel.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office with occasional travel by automobile. Duties to include administrative functions using the phone, computer, and communicating with people. This job will require lifting of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6 hours per day, and must be able to stand and climb stairs as required. Position will be exposed to heavy duty tractor/trailer diesel fumes, dust and noise.