The Credit Supervisor monitors and collects past due accounts and communicates any collection issues to the appropriate individuals as directed by company and department procedures. This person may assist with overseeing the Collection Specialist to ensure that timely and accurate billing and payments are made to Company.
1. Supervise and evaluate collection specialists.
2. Ensure collection calls to customers are professional and successful in reconciliation of accounts,
Credit adjustments, bad debt write off requests, refund requests, customer notifications, and other
transactions or reports are preformed according to company policies and procedures.
3. Evaluate credit worthiness of potential customers and recommend appropriate credit
limits. Help determine when customers should be placed on or removed from credit
hold. Set up new customers in system and ensure that all billing information is correct.
Update rates and related data as appropriate.
4. Manage collections on accounts receivable and prepare reports on accounts receivable metrics.
5. Aid senior accounting staff in evaluating adequacy of allowance for uncollectible accounts,and propose adjustments as needed. Assist with other accounting and reconciliation tasks as needed.
6. Conduct internal audits of business operations to test compliance with established procedures
7. Employee may perform other related projects and duties as assigned.
8. Develop an understanding of EDI, third-party payment platforms and portal billing.
1. Two Year Degree preferred and/or 2 years of relevant experience in accounting and collections.
2. Manage staff and multiple concurrent tasks in a dynamic environment.
3. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, and leadership abilities.
4. Proficiency in MS Excel imperative.
5. General knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
6. Customer service skills and attitude.
7. Strong communication skills
8. Ability to successfully interface with individuals at all levels, including top management is essential.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office with occasional travel by automobile. Duties to include
administrative functions using the phone, computer and communicating with people. This job will require
lifting of up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6 hours per day, and must be able to stand and climb stairs as required. There will be bending
of the waist, wrist and shoulders. Position will be exposed to tractor/trailer diesel fumes, dust and noise.
Fill out the form below and our Human Resources team will be in touch soon!