The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified.
The Operations Project Analyst (OPA) will interface with a team of analysts who are responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks which all revolve around the development, upkeep and support of core operational business functions. Each analyst will be assigned several primary areas of focus but will also be responsible for cross training to ensure there is a level of understanding across all departmental functions. The OPA will be required to understand all the analyst’s functions to provide support and backup when needed. The incumbent will also require a significant portion of time interacting with other departments to assist in trouble shooting, training and development, however the OPA role will have a more targeted project-based focus that primarily revolves around pricing, network optimization, data analysis and process/tool development. These projects will primarily be based on bigger picture goals that will require assessing and organizing the required resources and personnel to accomplish the objective in a timely fashion.
- Improve freight network optimization via data analysis, acquired knowledge of the network and working with operations
- Managing Salesforce rating workflow
- Making rating decisions for RFPs, dedicated opportunities and ad-hoc rate requests
- Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem
- Manage and execute extraction of data from various sources and systems. Design, build, and run complex data queries for various reporting and leadership requirements.
- Review data for accuracy and troubleshoot any errors in reporting, extracting, and warehousing of data; make recommendations and/or initiate correction procedures
- Identify trends within Brown’s custom-built EXCEL Tour Tool and make recommendations that supports improved network efficiency.
- Interpret data and Identify trends with the company’s network analysis tool. Provide data to Senior Management to support decision making. Provide input on forecast based on knowledge of product, technology and business acumen.
- Manage process and ongoing projects to ensure the delivery against business needs and monthly production goals.
- Host regular meetings with operations to move identified efficiencies from concepts to reality.
- Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends. Assist in the development on new procedures and software that aids in the growth and development of the company.
- Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analysis and make oral/written recommendations to upper management. Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements. Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Communicate issues and roadblocks related to their areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant job experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and SQL Query tools.
- Proficiency in Tableau.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to perform concurrent tasks that require technical and functional competence.
- Experience in creating system and or user documentation
- Intrinsically motivated to succeed.
- Logistics experience a plus
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure all assigned responsibilities and objectives are achieved on a timely basis and in compliance with the company’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Operates in an objective and transparent manner and sets high work standards
- Confidentiality, integrity and professionalism are displayed in the execution of duties and personal conduct.
- Live the BROWN values:
- Safety First & Always
- Earn Trust
- Respect Every Person
- Value Partnerships
- Embrace Excellence.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
The majority of the work week will be in office. Travel will be required as needed by automobile
and/or plane. Duties to include administrative functions using the phone, computer, and
communicating in-person with stakeholders. This job will require occasional lifting of no more than 30 pounds.
Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of 6
hours per day, must be able to stand and climb stairs as required and may have to work late evenings to meet deadlines