The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has previous data entry experience, has the ability to multi task, is detail oriented and can handle a fast paced environment, all while maintaining a high level of customer service. The CSR will promote a positive experience and assure a high level of servicing customer freight. Set appointment time to maximize productivity and reduce dwell time. The CSR will ensure that the daily acceptance and scheduling of the transportation terminals freight. Meets the service and efficiency standards of the company. This position will develop daily schedules and verify that the Planners can sufficiently plan to them in order to achieve and maintain high service levels by working closely with FMs, AP's, and freight. The position will establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers and sales team.
- Point of contact for customers’ needs / owns customer relationship
- Work with new customers as they are assigned for a clean successful startup.
- Monitor customer trailer pools, communicate with customer on needed detention and other accessory charges.
- Monitor customer revenue levels weekly and promote account growth.
- Communicate with the sales manager with any issues, rates, or needs involving the account.
- Must be the owner of our revenue push, book freight for above terminal level needs.
- Work with the planners and DAT 360 for finding backhauls in assigned market areas.
- Check Late reports periodically throughout the day and notify and/or address late loads.
- Communicate with existing customers and reach out to new customers.
- Build/creates all freight bills and set appointment dates and times.
- Monitor EDI and accept/decline all loads for assigned customers
- Makes all customer appointments and updates loads in the grid with those appointment times
- Monitors and maintains trailer pools (communicates with FM on pools that are over, bad sats, returns, geofence needs, etc.)
- Trace / track customer deliveries to ensure 98.5% on time service.
- On Time Service Reports Daily (from Report Launcher) and Weekly- relay scores to customers
- Monitor and update customer websites for load information.
- Ensure we have a backup CSR to cover assigned accounts.
- Operate and set appointment to run legally according to local, state and federal laws and regulations at all times.
- Possess industry knowledge of Transportation, Logistics, Planning, and Analytical Process improvements.
- Relay positive safety performance to our customers.
- Identify, isolate, and solve problems that will improve company’s overall performance.
- Assist other terminals with day to day functions as needed.
- Perform additional related duties and assignments as directed by management.