Completes all customer service activities including:
· Responding to inquiries
· Processing orders and handling complaints in a prompt and courteous manner
Scheduled hours are from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, plus the ability to stay late as needed per business needs
- Process and input all customer orders.
- Run stock reports to verify product availability.
- Generate all related documentation and information necessary to pick and ship customer orders.
- File all documentation in proper location
- Post inventory transactions.
- Check all orders for special requests, including requests to expedite.
- Trace orders as required and communicate status to the customer.
- Complete invoicing in timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive procedure documentation.
- Maintain damage records and back-order logs
- Answer phone calls and operate various types of office equipment, including computing equipment.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with all customer contacts by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning work orders, invoices, shipments, and inventory counts in a timely and courteous manner
- Report customer feedback to management, including signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- High school degree required
- Associate or college degree desired.
- Prefer business, supply chain, materials, or logistics curriculum
- Three to five years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills
- General office knowledge, including telephone techniques and computer skills, in a customer service environment
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Bi-lingual communication skills preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate responsible work habits and satisfy pre-employment requirements, including background check and drug screen.
Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Duties include administrative functions involving use of telephone and computer
- Communication with people
- Must be able to sit a minimum of eight (8) hours per day, perform keyboard operations a minimum of six (6) hours per day, and must be able to stand/climb stairs as required
- Position may be exposed to heavy duty tractors and trailers, gas and diesel engines, maintenance areas, shipping and receiving docks, material handling equipment, warehouse personnel, and OTR drivers
· Minimal travel time