Position reports to the Vice President Sales & Marketing.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can work out of the Corporate Office in Lithonia, GA, however there is some flexibility that we may be able to provide and can be discussed if selected for the position.
This position is a member of the company’s Sales & Marketing team and will support the company’s efforts to maintain and expand existing relationships and acquire new partnerships. This position will be responsible for high level strategy formulation and delivery as well as the development of new, and the proliferation of existing tools and processes in support of a comprehensive and highly effective solution design process that results in a positive customer experience.
NOTE: Their is bonus compensation in addition to the annual salary.
- Utilize customer, industry, and market intelligence to develop strategies for expanding upon existing and acquiring new accounts.
- Compile, develop and coordinate the distribution of industry specific market intelligence that provides insight to support strategic decision making related to existing or potential new accounts and guides business development initiatives.
- Develop new and improve upon existing tools and processes that provide a holistic customer solution and operational onboarding experience that include but are not limited to; real-estate, product storage, flow and design, warehouse management system, material handling equipment and service level/key performance indicator reporting implementation.
- Evaluate and implement the use of industry relevant, leading edge technology solutions that will enhance an overall solution offering and value proposition to new and existing customers.
- Refine and continually enhance solution pricing model(s) inputs and outputs ensuring the highest levels of effectiveness and accuracy while attaining a comprehensive and accurate costing and profit analysis for customer proposals.
- Develop comprehensive and conceptual distribution and fulfillment strategies including but not limited to storage analysis and layouts, product flow diagrams, SKU velocity storage and fulfillment strategies.
- Generate new prospect lists, leverage existing client relationships, identify target contacts list, and deliver weekly status update to senior leadership team.
- Prepare formal responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Lead the collaboration efforts with sales & marketing to develop/enhance marketing materials, proposal templates, and prospecting tools to support business development and marketing efforts.
- Support the advancement of lead generation strategies through the assessment and evaluation of new or existing strategic initiatives.
- Lead the company-wide development and implementation of strategic account plans that identifies key strategic accounts and targets new supply chain spend opportunities.
- Manage and develop customer relationships to identify and present additional integrated service offerings provided by the BROWN family of companies. Support and assist in the coordination of customer business reviews for assigned and any other support new or existing accounts as requested.
- Collaborate with key leaders, operations, sales & marketing and shared services - to coordinate new account start-ups, which includes a thorough review of operating profile and validation of account specific service requirements and distribution strategy implementation
- Develop professional presentations and deliver information to key internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and actively pursue new opportunities with substantial focus on multi-client sites with goal of building a dedicated customer base, and lead collaboration efforts with operations to develop supply chain solutions that best meet the needs of customer
- Represent company at trade show associations and similar events to promote company interests in consultation with Vice President Sales & Marketing.
- Submit weekly expense reports as required.
- College degree required OR equivalent work experience
- Prefer business, supply chain, materials, or logistics curriculum
- Five plus years of sales experience & solution design, preferably in supply chain field
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work effectively on own with minimal supervision and support multiple projects in order to meet defined deadlines.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use and support of all MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Contract negotiation
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Exhibit commitment to lean financial management practices, including timely expense reporting
- Understand and uphold company Core Values
Environmental and Physical Requirements
· 50% + travel will be required.
· Duties include administrative functions such as using the phone, computer, and communicating with people.
· This job will require occasional lifting of no more than 50 pounds.
· Must be able to sit a minimum of 8 hours per day, perform keyboard operations and must be able to stand / climb stairs as required.
· Position will be located at corporate offices in Atlanta Georgia or Flexible Location